Read below or click here to download the PDF.
What the warranty covers:
ST Imaging warrants the above listed products to be free from defects in material and workmanship during the warranty period. If a product proves to be defective in material or workmanship during the warranty period, ST Imaging will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace the product with a similar product. Replacement product or parts may include remanufactured or refurbished parts or components. Products not listed above are not covered under a warranty.
Length of the warranty:
- ST Imaging’s products, purchased in the U.S after January 1, 2017 are warranted for three (3) years for parts and labor, under Return to Depot mode. The warranty period begins the day the product is purchased by the end user. Proof of purchase is required.
- The ST Viewscan light source is warranted for the useful life of the scanner or 10 years.
- ST Imaging accessory products carry limited warranties. See the product page for additional detail per model.
- All ST Imaging parts, refurbished or exchanged products carry a ninety (90) day limited warranty on parts and labor, or will be covered by the balance of the time remaining on the customer’s original limited warranty or whichever is longer.
Who the warranty protects:
This warranty is valid only for the first end user, purchaser of the scanner, and is non-transferable. This warranty is valid only for units deployed in the USA and Canada after January 1, 2017
Warranty is void if products are exported or deployed out of the USA and Canada.
What the warranty does not cover:
- Any products on which the serial number has been defaced, modified or removed.
- ST Imaging provides no warranty for the third-party software included with the product or installed by the customer.
- Units exported out of the USA and Canada.
- Damage, deterioration or malfunction resulting from:
- Accident, misuse, neglect, fire, water, lightning, or other acts of nature, unauthorized product modification, or failure to follow instructions supplied with the product.
- Repair or attempted repair by anyone not authorized by ST Imaging.
- Damage to, or loss of, any programs, data or removable storage media.
- Software or data loss occurring during repair or replacement.
- Any damage of the product due to poor packaging and shipment
- Causes external to the product, such as electric power fluctuations or failure.
- Use of supplies or parts not meeting ST Imaging’s specifications.
- Parts subject to normal wear such as rubber rollers and defined as consumables
- Failure of owner to perform periodic product maintenance as indicated by the manufacturer
- Broken upper or lower glass
- Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect.
- Damage to, or abuse of, the coating on the surface of the scanner through inappropriate cleaning as described in product User Guide.
- Removal, installation, and set-up service charges.
- Shipping from the customer site to the factory. All scanners are returned to the customer via standard ground shipment. Expedited shipment is available at the then current price.
How to get service:
- For information on obtaining warranty service, call your ST Imaging Reseller or visit our web site at http://www.stimaging.com.
- To obtain warranty service contact ST Imaging Customer Support for a Return Material Authorization number (RMA). You will be required to provide:
a) A copy of the dated sales slip or other proof of purchase and installation.
b) Your name.
c) Your ship to address, email address and phone number.
d) The model number and serial number of the product located on the back or bottom of the scanner.
e) A description of the problem.
- Bring or ship the product prepaid in the original container and packed as originally received following the packing and unpacking instructions with the associated accessories, to ST Imaging or any ST Imaging authorized service center. Insurance on the returning product is recommended should you experience any transportation claim from the carrier you select.
ST Imaging is not responsible for any returned product without an assigned RMA.
Limitation of implied warranties:
THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION CONTAINED HEREIN INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE..
Exclusion of damages:
ST IMAGING’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE COST OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE PRODUCT. ST IMAGING SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR:
- DAMAGE TO OTHER PROPERTY CAUSED BY ANY DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT, DAMAGES BASED UPON INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT, LOSS OF TIME, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF GOODWILL, INTERFERENCE WITH BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS, OR OTHER COMMERCIAL LOSS, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- ANY OTHER DAMAGES, WHETHER INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE.
- ANY CLAIM AGAINST THE CUSTOMER BY ANY OTHER PARTY
Effect of local law:
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from locality to locality. Some localities do not allow limitations on implied warranties and/or do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
Sales outside the U.S.A. and Canada:
For ST Imaging products sold outside the U.S. and Canada, contact your ST Imaging dealer or ST Imaging for International Warranty information and service.